Saturday, February 16, 2008

Outside the botánica, inside the exhibit

We decided to create storefront windows, concrete walls, even neighboring buildings. I hope that the outside of the botánica enhances your experience of the inside. In addition to having the opportunity to create simple, but beautiful window displays, the outside of the store will help you (the visitor) experience the store. It is my hope that the contrast of colors, textures, and light from outside to inside, will replicate (at least on a small scale) some of the feelings of the botánica aesthetic. Botánicas are colorful, they are cluttered, my grandmothers was extremely clean and crisp, but in addition, botánicas have a very spiritual feeling. I hope that you feel this when you enter the exhibit.

Here are some photos of the outside of the exhibit. The artwork here is on the outside wall of the exhibit, it is by Dan Maron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new artwork! I'm looking forward to seeing it when I stop by on Friday.

- Jim